We are deeply committed to providing a superior K-8 alternative school within the San Francisco Unified School District. We attribute our success to an active partnership among the students, parents, guardians, teachers, and staff. We are highly supportive of student development and ethical behavior where every individual is treated with respect.
We are dedicated to:
- providing a challenging, exciting, & relevant learning experience
- helping students reach their highest potential in academic performance
- ensuring adequate funds to support our unique & highly-valued curriculum
- maintaining a safe & nurturing educational environment
- promoting positive interaction among our diverse population
Located on two campuses 3 miles apart, Claire Lilienthal offers a comprehensive curriculum stressing academic excellence for our diverse population which includes both Korean Immersion and General Education Programs. As a parent partnership school, the active PTA supports the school through fundraising, providing enrichment programs, and supporting the goals of the school and SFUSD. A complete Physical Education program for K-8, a new partnership with the San Francisco Arts Education Project which provides music, dance, and visual arts, and the Outdoor Education Science Program are just a few of the many opportunities at Claire Lilienthal. Our large and successful full Inclusion Program for students with special needs is another source of pride.
Key Programs & Elements
- Full day Korean-English Immersion program for students in grades K-5
- Community Service and Service Learning opportunities
- Outdoor Education Science Program for all grades, including overnight trips: Marin Headlands Institute, Yosemite Institute, and Fort Funston
- Year long Physical Education Program for all students in Kindergarten through 8th grade supported by the PTA
- A new school wide focus on Literacy and two new school libraries supported by grants and the PTA
- A dedicated teaching staff committed to implementing the State and SFUSD content and performance standards
- A new partnership with the San Francisco Arts Education Project providing music, dance, visual arts, and musical theater with Arts in Residence during most of the school year