Physical Education & Athletics
•Pre-Participation Physical form •Parent Consent form
Physical Education Overview:
Our physical education program consists of developmentally appropriate activities that are in alignment with the California State Content Standards. The course creates maximum opportunities for development of skill, knowledge, health-related fitness and ultimately, the confidence to enjoy an active healthy lifestyle. I want your child to develop habits for lifetime fitness and health. We will focus on cooperation, respect, communication, trust and fun.
* Develop social skills and positive behaviors as they relate to physical education.
* Value physical fitness and its lifetime importance.
* Increase skill proficiency in various activities and games.
* Improve self-esteem by participating in challenging activities.
* Build cognitive learning through fitness journals, written work, projects, and written tests/quizzes.
* Develop self evaluation through assessment.
Physical Education Content Standards
Grades K – 8
(Approved by the State Board of Education)
Standard 1: Demonstrate motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Standard 2: Demonstrate knowledge of movement concepts, principles, and strategies as they apply to learning and performance of physical activities.
Standard 3: Assess and maintain a level of physical fitness to improve health and performance.
Standard 4: Demonstrate knowledge of physical fitness concepts, principles, and strategies to improve health and performance.
Standard 5: Demonstrate and utilize knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies as applied to learning and performance of physical activity.